Medical Services and Hospital Division (MSHD)
The MSU-Medical Services and Hospital is open to all students twenty-four hours or 24/7 especially for confinement/admission, for consultation –Monday to Friday except holidays, which will start at 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Requirements for Consultation/Admission:
- Students should bring their I.D. or COR.
- Filled-up Students’ Health Form from the Record’s Section.
- Secure ITR (Individual Treatment Form) for Consultation/Admission.
- Dental Form for Dental Extraction/Consultation.
Rules for Consultation/Admission:
- One or two watchers are allowed with the same sex.
- Tapes and radios are not allowed to avoid disturbance to other patients.
- Vandalism and absconding are strictly prohibited.
- Discharging of patients after confinement should be during office hours.
Visiting Hours for Confined Patients:
9:00 A.M. to 10:00 AM
4:00 P.M. to 6:00 PM
Enrolment Procedure for All Freshmen Students
- In the RECORD SECTION present the following for the issuance of STUDENT HEALTH PROFILE FORM (Male: BLUE health form and Female: PINK health form):
- SASE Result
- Senior High School Report Card
- 1×1 I.D. picture
- Upon receiving the form write full name clearly and legibly in CAPITAL LETTERS.
ABAD, AIDA ARIONG
Surname First Name Middle Name
- Follow written instructions in the Student Health Profile Form and answer all questions as directed, then affix signature at the space.
- In the NURSING SECTION: Vital signs: Height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate etc.
- In the DENTAL SECTION: Tooth/denture examination for Dentist’s signature.
- With the DOCTORS/PHYSICIAN: Present the Student Health Profile form and Medical certificate for enrolment form for Physician’s signature.
Enrolment Procedure for Freshmen Nursing Students:
In the RECORD SECTION secure a STUDENT HEALTH PROFILE FORM (Male: BLUE; Female: PINK):
- Write full name clearly and legibly in CAPITAL LETTERS.
ABAD, AIDA ARIONG
Surname First Name Middle Name
- Follow written instructions in the Student Health Profile Form and answer all questions as directed, then affix signature at the space
- In the LABORATORY SECTION:
- Complete Blood Count — 150.00
- Blood Typing — 100.00
- Urinalysis — 50.00
*Wait for the Laboratory results to be presented to the Nursing Section.
- In the NURSING SECTION: Vital Signs: Height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate etc.
- In the DENTAL SECTION: Tooth/Denture Examination for Dentist’s signature.
- With the PHYSICIAN: Present Student Health Profile Form and Medical Certificate for Enrolment form for Physician’s signature.
Issuance of Medical Certificates
- Sick Leave of Absences:
- Medical Certificates should be issued only to those who consulted in the MSU-Medical Services and Hospital. Medical certificates issued outside should be noted by the Medical Director or the MOD- Medical Officer on Duty depending upon the duration of the sick leave.
- One (1) to five (5) days sick leave should be issued by the Medical Officer on duty.
- Sick leaves above six days should be issued by the Medical Director.
- Those for exemption like adapted P.E. and ROTC should be deliberated by the Medical Committee and be approved by the Medical Director depending upon the severity of the case.
- Detail at the DAST Office for ROTC/ Adopted P.E.
Depending upon the severity or extent of the incapacity or ailment of any student concerned, anybody seeking medical certificate for detail at the DAST Office, or wishing to take up adapted PE will be scrutinized and subsequently recommended by the Medical Committee composed of three (3) physicians and one (1) dentist to be submitted to the Medical Director for approval.
- Students who have no Health Record Form could not avail of the students’ privileges in this University.
- Students with Self-inflicted Injuries do not enjoy medical privileges like taking drugs, attempting suicide, self-inflicted wounds, hence, they have to pay full charges.
- Confined students could avail of Free Confinement (no room fee) with Free Laboratory Examinations if needed, only if officially enrolled; OPD or outpatient students are not entitled to free laboratory examination.
- Students who are Not Officially Enrolled– (those who did not undergo medical examination upon enrolment and no health record) cannot avail of free room fee and free laboratory examinations if confined.
Forms/Documents Issued by the Medical Services & Hospital to the University Students:
- Medical certificate for enrollment and P. E. subject
- Medical certificate for medico-legal cases.
- Medical certificate for prenatal to be used as support document for maternity leave.
- Medical certificate for P.E. & ROTC exemption.
- Medical certificate for confined students.
- Medical certificate for outpatient cases for excuse from classes.
- Medical certificate for study leave, scholarship grants.